Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Welcome Treasure Coast treasure seekers

Welcome to the very first blog entry for Treasure Coast Diggers. I decided to start this blog when I discovered that there was not a very organized group of people, at least that I am aware of, that provide good information on metal detecting and treasure hunting in the Treasure Coast area of Florida.

A little about me.... Metal detecting and treasure hunting has always been an interest of mine. I have been dreaming of finding buried treasure since I was a little boy. I came very close to joining the US Navy as a salvage diver as an avenue to pursue that dream but ended up getting a job just before enrolling. I am now a full-time consultant for Dell which involves quite a bit of travel. While I initially plan on treasure hunting here in Florida, I would ultimately love to bring my metal detector with me on my trips and hunt in areas around the country.

Ideally, I would love to make a living out of my hobby but realistically I don't see this as happening. Perhaps it will at least be a way for me to make a few extra bucks after I retire (still have 20+ years before that happens). Anyhow, below are some pictures of a few of the things I have found over the past few years. I plan on posting pics on a regular basis, preferably weekly, showing off my finds.

If you have a desire to join me in the hunt for treasure, send me an email at rhett@fireflywire.com and tell me a bit about yourself. I would love to find a good group of similarly minded people to take up this hobby with me.

Two items I found in Angola State Park, NY. I am not sure of what the first item is but the second, I discovered, is an older boy scout neckerchief slide.



Some coins I found at Jensen Beach, FL. Nothing rare but it is always exciting to get the hit on the detector and know that something is buried below.

No comments:

Post a Comment